Wednesday, May 17, 2017
1. May 17th is National Pack Rat Day. Sidebar-should we be celebrating this? Hmmm...
Are you a pack rat? Even if you're not a full fledged pack rat, most people have one thing or another they struggle to part with. Tell us what's yours. Yes, I admit I am. I want to get rid of more stuff at this point in life more than I did when I was younger. But I still keep too much stuff.
2. What are two things you know you should know how to do, but you don't?
The first thing that came to mind is change a tire. I have watched it done and maybe, possibly could do it myself if I absolutely had to.
The other thing I thought of was how to crochet. My Mom has crocheted all of my life and has tried to teach me, but I have never tried to do more than a chain. My Meemaw crocheted too.
3. Do you crave sugar? Do you add sugar to your coffee and/or tea? Do you use artificial sweeteners or sugar substitutes? When dining out is dessert a given? Are you someone who has slain the sugar dragon, and if so tell us how you did it. I don't know if I crave it, but I do have a sweet tooth. I don't drink coffee and do not add sugar to my tea. I do not use artificial sweeteners or sugar substitutes. We rarely ever get dessert when eating out. I have often wondered if I could give up sugar as I've heard some people do. I did give up sodas so I probably could if I wanted to???
4. What's a trend it took a while for you to come round to, but now you can't imagine living without? I am really not sure on this one. Maybe essential oils if that is a trend?? I love using them now and do frequently.
5. What's a song that reminds you of a specific incident in your life? Please elaborate. When I hear Steven Curtis Chapman's song "Take Another Step," it reminds me of our second miscarriage. The verse "walk by faith, not by sight." (2 Corinthians 5:7) had been coming up over and over during this time, and this song was another message of that same Bible verse. It was a great encouragement to me to just keep going and take one day at a time even though we didn't know what to do next.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
It's the last week of school for our oldest son. Hooray!! The past few years he hasn't gotten out till the beginning of June. Friday he gets out early for the summer!
Have a day of blessings!