Thursday, November 3, 2016

Thankful Thursday

It's a rainy day here.  It was pouring this morning and still dark outside as I drove Caleb to school.  The rain has stopped this afternoon.  We have a football game tonight....Caleb's last game of the season.

It started off sad with the sudden death of one of Caleb's coaches.  We were all in shock to hear this news on Tuesday morning.  The funeral is tomorrow.  Pray for the family and school and students.

This week as we have started the new month of November I am thankful for...
~ my husband's care for our boys.  It touched my heart Tuesday when he called to tell me he'd received a message about the coach's death how he wanted to check on Caleb.  He drove all the way home from work to go with me to check and make sure he was okay at school.  I am thankful he loves and cares for our boys as he does.  He's such a great Dad.

~ my big boy having fun in his first  year of football.  It has been such a good experience for him, and I am so thankful for that.  I pray he will have positive influential coaches in his life and he has started off with that.

~ seeing my baby boy learn new things.  It is just amazing how fast he picks up on things.  (I remember being amazed at Caleb at this age too!)  We draw outside on the driveway with sidewalk chalk.  I made up a little game to find a circle.  I'd only drawn circles and he'd run and find one while I ran to a different circle.  Recently I added triangles.  He knows the difference in the two shapes.  It's cute to watch him play this game with Caleb.  He gets so tickled as he runs to the next circle.

~ beautiful encouragement found in various places.  This week on November 1 in my daily calendar booklet I saw the verse Psalm 126:3 which says,

"The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

It made me smile because November 1 was the due date I had for the pregnancy before Titus that we lost in April of that  year. And Psalm 126:3 is the verse we used to announce our pregnancy with Titus.  I just thought it was neat that verse was on that day and I do praise God for what He has done.

~ finding some fiction books from the library that have been good and also getting my Hoopla working again so I can listen to audiobooks at home.  I'm not sure if it quit because I'd accrued a small library fine or because of some other reason. It took a while but I figured out how to listen again.

~ continuing the tradition of pumpkin carving with the boys.

Have a day of blessings!
  Bethany

No comments: