Monday, September 26, 2016

Hidden In My Heart Bible


It is so very important for us to teach scriptures to our children. I have a great new resource to share with you today to do just that.

About this Bible:
The Hidden in My Heart Scripture Memory Bible was created to encourage kids not only to read God’s Word but also to hide it deep within their hearts. One hundred of the Bible’s core verses have been set to music by renowned children’s author and song writer Stephen Elkins. The 100 songs include a variety of genres and are available in the New Living Translation, New International Version, and King James Version, and all songs are free with the purchase of the Bible. Additional interactive features encourage school-age kids to engage with the Word in every place of their life.

My thoughts:
Scripture memory has always been important to me because it was instilled in me as a child.  I have continued through the years off and on to memorize scripture.  I've also taught our first son verses from a young age and look forward to having our younger son begin saying verses as he is learning to talk.

When you purchase this Bible, you are given a code to download (for free) 100 songs based on 100 verses.  It has the songs in all three versions; you can choose which you prefer.  The songs are fun and enjoyable to hear.  There is even a list in the back of the Bible that has the songs divided by age appropriateness and another list with the songs divided by musical styles such as fast tempo, Latin rhythm, moderate tempo, bluesy, etc.

New Living Translation is used for the entire Bible. It also includes the 100 key verses in two other translations.  They are written in a light green box called "Memorize" with the verse in all three translations right there together.

I think the concept of this Bible is great; however, I would have been just as pleased with a CD of 100 songs of scriptures to memorize.  Also while it is helpful to have a verse in three biblical translations, I didn't find a huge benefit over just having one translation.  This is just a personal preference.

I was provided a copy of this Bible and songs by the Tyndale reviewer program for my honest review.

Have a day of blessings!
  Bethany

No comments: