Thursday, May 5, 2016

Thankful Thursday

It's been a nice week for us without too much "extra" going on.  I like our routine and the normal!  I can't believe it is May already, and we are winding down another school year.  My boy will be finishing 6th grade in a couple of weeks!

This week I am thankful for...
~ my husband's safety when he travels for work.

~ my big boy trying out the tuba.  He is a trumpet player and came home with a tuba!  I was so surprised to see him walking to the car with it.  The story is they are preparing for a contest and concert.  The person who plays tuba is unable to participate due to no pass/no play rules.  Another boy tried the tuba over the weekend and did not like it so Caleb volunteered.  It has been so different to hear him practicing it instead of the trumpet.  Titus surely did not know what it was the first day he brought it home and was inspecting it!  I'm proud of Caleb for trying something new and being willing to learn the different instrument.  He said the keys for the notes are the same but it is different playing it because of how he breathes and such.

~ our baby boy making us laugh.  He has this funny little laugh noise he does at funny times....like when I ask him do you want milk is one time.  He's so cute and has a sweet smile.  I love it when he is eating and will stop and smile at me.

~ going to our niece's 3rd birthday party.  They rented a bounce house and all the kids had fun in that. It was a princess theme, my older niece made signs to go on all the rooms and all the food.

~ taking hot baths that are relaxing.  I do not get too always, but I sure enjoy it when I do!

~ free 8 x 10 prints at Walgreens.  I needed to print pictures for student council posters Caleb is making.  I almost ordered them Wednesday and didn't.  Then on Thursday morning I had an email for a code for a free 8 x 10.  I was excited by that and thankful I had not printed them last night!

What are you thankful for today?

Have a day of blessings!
 

No comments: