Wednesday, November 26, 2014
1. Besides U.S. Thanksgiving, it's also National Game and Puzzle Week...what game have you played most recently, and who were you with? Have you worked a puzzle of any kind in the past week? Last Saturday evening we played the card game "Spoons" with my brother-in-law and his buddy. It was Caleb's first time to play, and we had a good time. My husband and I used to play "Spoons" and other card games in college with friends in the dorm lobby. I have not worked a puzzle in the past week.
2. What is one place you were thankful for this year? I've seen a lot answer their home, and I have to agree. I was trying to think of other places I am thankful for and thought of the library where I go quite often.
3. Take a nap, watch football, go for an after dinner walk, or hit the stores...which ONE is on your must-do list for Thanksgiving day? For those of you playing along who aren't in the US, answer as it relates to any big holiday meal. I guess relax and read and eat desserts.
4. Besides Thanksgiving, what's your favorite home cooked meal? My Mom's goulash. At home I love my husband's chicken enchiladas or taquitos with guacamole.
5. What product from an infomercial would you most like to own? I haven't seen an infomercial lately so don't really know.
6. Christmas shopping? Have you begun? Finished? Will you shop on Black Friday? How do you feel about stores opening on Thanksgiving Day? What percentage of your Christmas shopping is done online? YES! I have done online shopping this year and this was all by my front door yesterday.
Funny thing is that it is not that much stuff, several things were one item per box. I have more coming from Academy and also submitted a Kohl's order already too. I have a few things left to buy...there are a couple we are giving gift cards (they asked for that for items for their new house as they need them). I've never been a Black Friday shopper. We will be at a doctor's appointment this year and there is a consignment store I'd like to visit for myself. I am sad for so many stores opening on Thanksgiving Day. It seems so many complain about it; if people would quit shopping on that day maybe the stores would quit opening.
7. What are you most grateful for that adds beauty to your everyday life? my husband and son and our new baby that I feel moving inside me.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Friday I have my "big" sonogram also called an anatomy scan. We are not finding out the gender. We are praying for a healthy growing baby with all the parts and organs growing as they should.
Have a day of blessings!