Friday, July 11, 2014

Love Not the World



About the book:Having every one of us been in bondage to sin, we readily believe that sinful things are Satanic; but do we believe equally that the things of the world are Satanic? Many of us, I think, are still in two minds about this. Yet how clearly Scripture affirms that "the whole world lieth in the evil one" (1 John 5:19). Satan well knows that, generally speaking, to try to ensnare real Christians through things that are positively sinful is vain and futile. They will usually sense the danger and elude him. So he had contrived instead an enticing network, the mesh of which is so skillfully woven as to entrap the most innocent of men. We flee sinful lusts, and with good reason, but when it comes to such seemingly innocuous things as science and art and education, how readily do we lose our sense of values and fall a prey to his enticements!

My thoughts:
I listened to the majority of this book as we were traveling on our vacation.  At times I had trouble following along and paying attention...I do not know if that is due to the fact I was tired or what. 

I am not familiar with Wathchman Nee. I found interesting that this book was from speeches done many years back.  The thoughts he presents will make you stop and think.  One chapter I liked was about being lights and what this means. 

The book was narrated by George W. Sarris.  He did fine with the narration.

I did not enjoy listening to this book overall so I did not give it more stars.  Maybe I would have enjoyed it more if I had read it myself and could focus more on the text.
I received this audio book from the christianaudio Reviewers Program for my review. 

Have a day of blessings!

No comments: