2. What are two things you love about the wintertime? Or, if love feels like too strong a word, what are two things you 'like' about winter? I do enjoy wintertime for the most part. I like it when it snows. We don't get that much snow here so it is social when it does. I also love warm blankets, my robe, and fuzzy socks.
3. Pomegranate, kumquat, persimmon, kiwi, and guava are all fruits said to have health benefits, particularly during the winter months. Do you have a favorite on the list? Are there any on the list you haven't tried? I have eaten pomegranate and kiwi. I love pomegranate and am so excited my husband gave me a plant for our yard. I look forward to when it begins producing.
4. I passed a local church yesterday and noticed they had this on their outdoor sign- 'When all else fails, do the right thing.' Your thoughts? I think the "right thing" is too often not our first choice. And I wonder what problems could be solved if we made the choice to do the right thing instead of doing the thing that you see everyone else doing or that is fastest or cheapest.
5. Do you ski? According to one list I've seen, the top 5 ski destinations for 2014 are-St. Anton Austria, Whistler Canada, Cortina Italy, Tahoe USA, and Zermatt Switzerland. Of the five listed, which would you most like to visit? We can make skiing optional if that helps the non-skiers with their answer. I have never been skiing. I don't know that I have a preference for any of these places. I saw pictures on Facebook last week of a family skiing, it looked like they were having fun, but I don't know that I'd want to ski.
6. What's the last thing you looked for online? (Besides my blog!). Items to sale for a valentine fundraiser set school.
7. What saying, slogan, quote, or motto have you seen lately that inspires you for the new year? It's not really a quote, but I have enjoyed reading the various blog posts of the words people have chosen as their "word of the year." I like to read why they chose the word and see the lists of words they have chosen in past years.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
This morning I saw a note on the table left by my husband for me. I'd left one for him the day before and had forgotten about it. It was a nice surprise to read his sweet, encouraging words. I love him so much and am so blessed by him.
Have a day of blessings!