Monday, January 6, 2014

Promise to Return



I have finished a book by new author Elizabeth Byler Younts called Promise to Return. My blog friend Linda from Mocha with Linda told me about this book. It arrived a few weeks ago and with the holidays I've read it off and on. I picked it up and finished it this weekend. It is an excellent book!

Miriam and Henry are soon to be married when he is drafted. He first goes to a work camp since he is Amish. When Henry returns later to share with Miriam that he believes he should enlist, Miriam is torn with what to do once he is gone.  Since Henry has enlisted he has gone against the church's Ordnung. Should she wait for Henry to return, or should she look for love with another of the Amish boys who is showing interest in her?  Miriam faces much confusion as she doesn't want to turn against her parents or Church.

I enjoyed this book and the historical aspect of it regarding the Amish during the war.  What a wonderful story!  I really enjoyed this book and can't wait for more books by this author.  The author's website is here.

This book was sent to me as an influencer for my honest review.

Have a day of blessings!
 

No comments: