Wednesday, October 16, 2013
1. What was your biggest worry five years ago? Is it still a worry? I don't remember what I was worried about five years ago. My boy wasn't in school yet, and we still lived in our old house.
2. Yesterday (October 15th) was National Grouch Day...what makes you grouchy? What cheers you up when you're feeling grouchy? I'm grouchy when I don't get plenty of sleep for several days in a row. Hugs from my boy always make me feel less grouchy.
3. In one word, how does it feel to be photographed? Whatever! It doesn't bother me too much in general. If it is family photos I want several shots taken so I can choose the better ones to share!
4. Besides your parents, who would you say had the greatest influence on you in choosing your life path? Explain. Probably teachers. When I read this I thought of my career. I chose to be a teacher because I love children and wanted to make a difference in their lives. Many of my teachers influenced me in this regard (mostly positively while there were a couple that showed me what I would not want to do as a teacher). But because of the influence of my parents and my Mom being a stay at home Mom, I realized the value of that and hoped to one day be able to be at home with our children and am thankful to be home now.
5. The crisp days of autumn are here ...what's something you like to eat, but only if it's crisp? I think of apples as being crisp and prefer those to soft ones.
6. What's the most useless object you own? Probably something packed that we haven't used since our move. I'm sure there are a few of those items in our shed or attic.
7. Share a favorite fall memory. I always liked choosing pumpkin to carve. When I was teaching my husband came to my class and helped the class carve one. We carve one with Caleb each year and he always comes up with something different he wants each year...one year was a shark, one year a deer.
8. Insert your own random thought here. We are waiting to see if the government shutdown ends tonight. My husband has been home since October 1.
Have a day of blessings!