Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge




1. What's the best thing about growing older? Learning new things

2. When did you first feel like a grown up?  There have been a couple times....one was when I went off to college. 

3. Chocolate cake with white icing or white cake with chocolate icing?  White cake with chocolate icing (but I'd really rather have chocolate cake with chocolate icing!)

4. What's the nicest thing a stranger has ever done for you?  I don't remember any big thing.  I remember little things like someone putting my cart back into the cart holder instead of me walking it back there. 

5.  What's something you learned from your grandparents?  When I was a beginner driver, I remember driving in my Peepaw's truck one time.  Another vehicle was following close behind me (making me nervous).  I remember him telling me I don't have to scoot over to let him pass if I'm going the speed limit.  I always think about this when I am driving and see someone behind me.  And I guess it could apply to life too.....

6. Wednesday marks a sad day in the history of planet earth-9/11...what's something you do (or can do) to bring peace to your little corner of the world?  I try to remember to smile at strangers and be patient when I have to wait.  So many people are impatient it seems and get angry over silly things. 

7.  Share a favorite quote, scripture, or song containing the word peace.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  Phil. 4:7

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
We had fun entering the fair.  Saturday we saw Caleb's entries.  Two of his drawings placed with a 5th and a 6th and the scarecrow he made got 1st.  It was very cute, I don't think they had other entries in that division.  He worked hard on it.  I'll have to take a picture when we pick it up. 
I entered three cakes....the lemon blueberry got 5th and my golden pound cake got 3rd.  I dropped off breads I made today and will find out later if any of them placed. 

Have a day of blessings!

3 comments:

Joyce said...

Hope your bread is a prize winner...pound cake is one of my favorite desserts so I'd have given that one a first!

Anonymous said...

I agree with you. Everyone is in such a hurry and get so frustrated over silly things. I love how you applied driving your grandfather's truck and not having to pull over, to life. Lovely scripture also. My first participation in Hodgepodge is on my WordPress blog. http://donettas.wordpress.com

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Yep, chocolate on chocolate! Speaking of impatience....that one would be my husband and it is silly and a waste of energy. Like your Bible verse. Way to go on the awards.....