Wednesday, July 17, 2013
1. Picture postcards were first printed back in the mid-1800's and deltiology is the official name for postcard collecting. When did you last send a postcard? Receive one? Do you save postcards sent to you? Do you collect and/or send postcards when you travel? I think postcards are a great way to remember a trip. They are inexpensive and easy to travel. We send postcards to family when we go on vacation. I get an extra one to keep for ourselves, and Caleb has a photo album where he stores the postcards we buy. He has also received some from others who have traveled that also go into the album.
2. What treat do you most like to indulge in while on vacation? Ice cream was the first thing that came to mind! When we were in Colorado we went to buy ice cream every night I think.
3. Are you good at hiding your feelings? It depends who I am with I guess. I can't hide anything from my husband.
4. Does your town/city/county still deliver telephone books to your home? Do you check the yellow pages when searching for a local business number or has the internet replaced the phone book in your home? Yes we get several telephone books each year. I still use the yellow pages occasionally. Sometimes I will use the internet.
5. Would you rather be first or last? I'd rather be last, I do not like going first.
6. July is National Park and Recreation Month (in America, but everyone can still play along)...where and when were you last in a park? Did you participate in any recreational activities while you were there? The last time I remember going to a park (not a national park obviously!) was when I visited our local park to meet Caleb and classmates for sundaes to celebrate learning multiplication facts.
7. What was one of your worst ideas? One time when I was little my Dad and I went on a walk down our road. I rode my bicycle. We were heading home and going down the hill I decided to take my feet off the pedals. I lost control and ended up with skinned knees. I never remember my Dad getting to me so quickly to make sure I was okay and then getting me home.
8. Insert your own random thought here. I heard on the news how the heat is extreme in some places. This week has been so nice and cool here. We are used to 100+ degree days, sometimes for days on end, during the summer in Texas. Last week we were in the 90s/100s. This week has actually been in the 70s/80s. We have had lots of rain too, which we have needed desperately. Thank you God for the rain!
I'm giving away a video called Space Warriors. Go to this post if you want to enter!
Have a day of blessings!