Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. March 20th is the first day of spring...is she a lion or a lamb in your part of the world? Seems like a lamb today.  The sunshine is nice and there isn't much wind.

2. What's the most dreaded task on your spring clean to-do list? Do you have a 'plan of attack'?
Well we had boxes stacked in the garage from when we moved here.  I've looked through them before and didn't have anything to do with them so they stayed there.  Over the weekend we worked on it and I took a trunk load of stuff to donate yesterday!  It looks empty in there now.  I'm very glad that is done.  Next up should be the closet I guess!

3. Peas...love 'em or hate 'em? What's a favorite dish you make using peas?
Yes I love peas.  I love to eat pea salad that my Mom makes.  I don't know that I've ever made it.  My husband has a big allergy to peas so we don't have them too often.  Now I'm hungry for that!

4. Do you feel under appreciated?
The majority of the time no I do not.   My husband does a great job of letting me know he appreciates me. I had an email from him this morning thanking for me for the things I do, which made me smile :)

5. Have you been using Google Reader? If so, what are you switching to now that GR has announced retirement? If not, how do you read your favorite blogs? Yes I use Google Reader.  I remember when I "found" it through a technology continuing education class several years ago and I was so glad to have something so useful for blog reading.  I have not found what I will use instead.  I look forward to seeing what others will be using instead and deciding on something. 

6. Anne Bradstreet is credited with the following quote~"If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome."
Agree or Disagree? Why?  Yes I agree.  When you go through a hard time it makes you appreciate the times that are less difficult. And I think those who have truly suffered have a better appreciation for their needs being met and don't take the next meal or gas in the tank for grant.   And the beauty of spring is such a nice contrast to the coldness and dreary days of winter. 

7. When did you last 'spring for something'? What was it?
Nothing is coming to mind....I'll keep thinking! 

8. Insert your own random thought here.
Monday our boy was invited to the school board meeting to receive a certificate for being one of the Million Word Readers at his school.  He has over 2 million words now and is the only 3rd grader in the group of about 10-12 students.  (Million Word Reader is part of the Accelerated Reader program.  The students take comprehension tests on the computer on the books they read.  They get points for the books if they answer the questions correctly and also the number of words are counted for each book.) 

Have a day of blessings!

8 comments:

Kathy said...

Congrats to your son for his reading achievement! I used to work in elementary education, and helping first graders with their accelerated program was one of my (most enjoyable) duties :)

Nikki said...

Congrats to your son! What an accomplishment. :)

Joyce said...

I've never had a pea salad, but a few people have mentioned that. We all like peas so I may have to look for a recipe.

I'm happy so far with Bloglovin and people seem to like Feedly too.

Congrats to your son!

Courtney said...

That's SO cool about the reading! I wish I had that as a kid! Congrats to him!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I still have a few boxes from our move 7 years ago! Bloglovin' is pretty easy and will transfer your information. Also Feedly is pretty good. I am trying both for awhile. Congratulations to your son. What a wonderful accomplishment!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, know if feels good to have those boxes gone, so purifying! :o) And, wow, what an impressive little guy you have! I'd say the sky is the limit for him. Always a pleasure to stop by!

Unknown said...

Woo hoo! Congrats to you son! I'll admit, I'm liking Bloglovin' - hadn't really thought about it until Joyce mentioned it... very cool! And if you are wanting another garage to clean, mine is available! :-)

Vyvyan said...

Congratulations to your son! Well done him