About the book:
May our sons in their youth be like plants full grown, our daughters like corner pillars cut for the structure of a palace." Psalm 144:12
Boys and girls, from 5 to 8 years of age, will love the fun world of Cassie and Caleb, two energetic and inquisitive children discovering the beauty of God's wonderful design. Through twenty beautifully illustrated short stories, followed by an interactive time between parent and child, your children will learn:
- The creational principle that "God created man in his own image . . . male and female he created them" (Genesis 1:27) is extraordinary!
- That Jesus is in all of Scripture. The Bible is not a collection of disconnected stories; it is the one big story of the Triune God redeeming His people.
- God's Word is our authority and His Glory is our purpose.
- That when we belong to Jesus we belong to His covenant family, the Church.
- A Biblical framework for living and thinking.
This book caught my eye because of the title (since I have a son named Caleb) and because I thought the cover was cute. This book is enjoyable to read and is appropriate for a family with children in the 5-8 range. There are 2 page devotional thoughts followed by a page with a few questions and a verse.
Cassie and Caleb are inquisitive and seem to want to know more about God. They ask good questions that will make your own children think and ponder Biblical truths. I like the example of this family applying God's Word to all aspects of their life, not just something they talk about or read at church. As a parent this book gave me ideas of things from the Bible we can have discussions about with our son.
I thought the illustrations were very well done as well. They were colorful and added to the text of the book.
This book is available from Moody Publishers and will release May 1, 2013.
Thank you to NetGalley for providing the ebook version for my review.
Have a day of blessings!