Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. What is ONE thing or area in your home or life you hope to report is completely organized when 2013 draws to a close? Do you have a plan to make it happen? Our office space.  It is a mess currently.  I need to first do Caleb's school scrapbook and that will help the situation because the pictures and newspaper clippings are just in a pile in there right now.

2. What's the worst uniform you've ever had to wear for a job?  I have not had a job where I had to wear a uniform.  I was a volunteer at our local hospital and one year we did have "candy striper" uniforms.  I thought about those when I was thinking of  uniforms.  I think we only wore them one year maybe and then they switched to a navy blue shirt with khaki pants.   

3. What was your last kitchen 'mishap'? This question comes to you courtesy of Betty who blogs over at A Glimpse Into Midlife...everyone go say hi to Betty!  I make my husband's sandwich the night before and usually my son's in the morning before school.  I was making lunches one night last week, and I was glad I had enough lunch meat for a couple more days to finish the week so I wouldn't have to go to the store.  The next morning when I got up the lunch meat and cheese were there on the counter.  I remembered to put up the mayo and missed these and forgot!  My husband stopped and got more for lunches though after work the next day and my boy ate some soup we had from my Mom. 

4. How do you protect yourself from other people's negativity?  Depending who it is I may try to encourage them and hope it helps them see things from a different perspective.  Others I just know I can't be around them or be in continuous contact with them so their negativity won't leak off to me. 

5. Who in your family do you most resemble (physically)? If you have children, who do people say they favor? Do you agree? I don't know.  I have heard people say I look like both my Mom and my Dad at different times.  I really don't think I do much.  I think my son looks like his Daddy....more and more all the time. 

6. January 8th is National Bubble Bath Day...will you be celebrating?  Nope.  I enjoy a bubble bath every now and then.

7. Some of the 'world's best winter festivals' are - Mardi Gras (New Orleans), Quebec Winter Festival (Canada), Sundance Film Festival (Park City, Utah), Rio Carnivale (Brazil), Sapporo Snow Festival (Japan), Venice Carnivale (Italy) and the Harbin Ice Festival (Northern China). Of those listed (and if cost were not a factor) which would you most like to attend and why?  I don't know anything about any of these so I don't have a desire to attend any.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
 It's a rainy day here. I laid back down and took a nap this morning after I took my boy to school, something I rarely ever do.  I knew I needed the rest though. 

Have a day of blessings!

4 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

Enjoyed your answers. I've left things out on the counter before. Totally aggravating!

It was awfully tempting to take a nap this morning! It's another rainy day here, too!

Kara said...

I candy-stripped one summer. Totally forgot about that uniform. I too have left something out overnight and when you find it in the morning it just makes you feel so silly doesn't it? My sympathies. :) Sometimes a nap is just needed. Have a great rest of your week! :D

sister sheri said...

I was a candy striper, too! I loved the little dress except that it had been well-worn by my sister before me.

Joyce said...

You reminded me that I left a pot of homemade soup sitting out on the counter all night a couple months ago. So dissapointing!! We'd eaten it for dinner and I planned leftovers for the next day, but wanted it to cool down before I put it in the frig. I walked in to get coffee the next morning and there it was : (

Have a nice weekend!