Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thankful Thursday

What a day this has been!  This morning we attended the funeral of a man who was well-loved by so many.  It was such a touching service.  He died suddently Monday in a motorcycle accident.  This week I have been reading the stories and comments left by the people whose lives he touched and some of those were shared at the funeral as well.  I am thankful for his life and the example he was to love like Jesus.  I have so many thoughts about this and want to write a separate blog post.
Another special thing about today is that our boy was baptized.  Such a special day indeed!  We are so proud of him and his decision.

Today I am thankful for...
~ my husband loving me and being such a wonderful Daddy.  Oh how I love him more each day!

~ my sweet boy wanting to help serve at the meal after the funeral today.  He was such a good helper fixing glasses of ice and carrying plates for those who needed help.

~ our air conditioning.  It was really toasty this week!  It made me laugh to see how many people posted pictures of temperature readings this week on Facebook. 

~ seeing some old friends today at the funeral.  It's been so long since I've seen some of them and was nice to see them again.

~ a Christmas card in the mail today!  How did that happen?  I opened the mail and saw the return address of our friend Shortybear.  I opened it and found a Christmas card.  I looked at the postmark and it said December 16, 2011!  I wonder where it has been all this time.  It was fun to receive today!

Have a day of blessings!

No comments: