Friday, March 16, 2012

Book review: Twilight's Last Gleaming

I recently shared information on a book called Twilight's Last Gleaming by Dr. Robert Jeffress.  Now I would like to share my review as I finished reading it earlier this week. 

I appreciated this book and the stand the author takes for truth in a world where many are afraid to offend someone so they remain silent on important issues.  He spends one chapter discussing tolerance, its definition, and what the Bible says about judging others.  Another chapter focuses on four questions that Christians can ask themselves to help them decide which candidate to vote for.  This book serves as a reminder that Christians need to be preparing themselves for persecution and gives examples of those already being persecuted for their beliefs.  He brings up the Constitution and relates it to things happening in the world today as well.    

As I shared in my previous post, it is important for Christians to realize they are the lights in the evil, dark world in which we live.  We as Christians need to take seriously our role as salt and light.  This book focuses on that fact. 

Thank you to B & B Media Group for providing this book for my review. 

Have a day of blessings!

No comments: