Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Thankful Thursday

We are meeting for Thankful Thursday in February over at Grace Alone with Iris. 

This week Iris wrote about being thankful for her lunch date with her friend.  It made me think of (and miss) my sweet friend, my forever friend I call her.  We went to school together, she was one year younger than me.  In high school I had the same lunch period as her, and we always sat together.  I graduated and went to college.  She went to her first year of college and then transferred to the college I attended.  We started eating together again and would meet each week.  I moved after my husband finished his degree, and she went on to law school.  We would still drive to meet to eat sometimes.  A few years ago, she took a job in a town about 45 minutes from my house.  We would meet about once a week for lunch at Panera or Pei Wei or Schlotzsky's.  I looked forward to these lunch dates so much.  Now that we have moved away, I have come to miss this time with my friend.  We still keep in touch, and the fun thing is I live on the same street as her parents.  I'm thankful for her and her friendship through the years. 

This week I am thankful for...
~ my husband who shows me his love every day, not just Valentine's Day.  He is so sweet and loving, I'm so thankful for him.

~ fun with my boy this week....Valentine's party at school (I loved that when he saw me he hugged me and told me he liked the frog balloon we sent him with the PTO Val-o-gram fundrasier), reading at bedtime, a walk/bike ride after school.

~ our fun Valentine's day.  I need to write a post about this.  We had a lot of fun with our countdown to Valentine's day using the mailboxes we decorated.

~ the snow we had on Sunday.....and the sunny 70+ degree days also this week!! 

~ being able to volunteer at the school. 
Have a day of blessings!

6 comments:

Denise said...

I love your sweet post.

Kate @ Teaching What Is Good said...

I love those kindred spirit friendships that last forever! I've had a few and they are such treasures to me.

Momma said...

It makes me smile when you wrote about your "forever friend" and made me think that I need to have lunch with mine again soon!

Pia said...

like momma, that "forever friend" got my attention. made me smile and think who i consider my "forever friend."

Ms. Kathleen said...

So sweet... My bestest friends live a good 9 hours away. I really miss them a lot. My sister lives 14 hrs away. I miss her a lot so these post get me misty-eyed.

You are so blessed with a wonderful list of thanks... HUGS!

eph2810 said...

Yes, friendship is something very precious. It is hard when we don't see our true friends over some time. I am glad that you still stay in contact with your childhood friend.

Thank you for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.

Love & peace,
Iris