Sunday, August 28, 2011

31 days: Day 28



Day 28:  Let's pray for our children to find and use their talents.

As parents we need to encourage our children to figure out what their talents are and find ways to use those talents.  I do NOT think this means we need to sign our kids up for every event and lesson possible.  Kids need time to be a kid.  But we can encourage them in their interests and help them develop those skills.

Pray for your child to recognize their talents and the areas they excel.  Pray that they realize it is okay to not be the "best" at every thing they do and that others will win sometimes.  Pray that they will find ways to use their talents for God's glory. 

Have a day of blessings!
 

1 comment:

Karen said...

I remember my pediatrician advising me when my kids got to junior high age: to help them find something they were good at, and enjoyed, and it would help them weather the transition into the teen years.