Sunday, July 24, 2011

Travel days

(Note:  This week I will be sharing the story of our vacation that we took to Colorado.  I typed these posts last week after Caleb went to bed to share here this week.  Hope you enjoy!)
Continued from previous post...
We left our home on Saturday afternoon and drove to stay the night at my Dad's.  We had a nice visit and yummy supper  (Have you had homemade Butterfinger ice cream?  It is delicious!) 
Sunday morning my Dad made us breakfast (with Caleb's help) and we headed on our way.  We spent most of the day in the car!  And it seemed to take forever to get out of Texas! 

Finally made it out of Texas!
I had some games from my blog friend Sarah that I had fixed for Caleb in a notebook.  We watched for license plates from different states and watched the changing scenery.  He played the DS (that Gramma let us borrow) for a little while and occupied himself with crocheting and playing with some toys. He had a great attitude for being in the car for so long. 


We arrived to our campsite in the early evening.  We had rented a cabin at at RV campground.  Caleb was so excited that it has bunkbeds!  We got the things unloaded and then went around the campground.  They have several activities for children.  One is a jumping pillow.  Caleb and Daddy had a blast on this!  I tried it out too. 
The jumping pillow
We are looking forward to a fun time this week making many happy memories together!

Have a day of blessings!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun!

Gramma said...

Reading your blog always makes me smile, but seeing that he occupied himself with the DS, worksheets and crocheting somehow just make Gramma smile!