Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Our weekend

Thank you for the anniversary wishes last week!  We had a wonderful day together.  I can't believe 10 years have already passed since we married. 

On our anniversary (last Thursday) first we took Caleb to his last day of first grade.  Then we came home and my husband gave me a present.  I had asked him a while back to write a poem for me.  He had been working on it, but he said he didn't like what he had so he kept starting over.  When I read it, I thought it was perfect.  I may share it here sometime, I don't know yet.  Then he surprised me and gave me another gift...beautiful diamond earrings.  They are just so pretty and look like a little flower, one diamond in the center and surrounded by other little diamonds.  I tried to take a picture but couldn't get a good one.  They are just so pretty and exactly my style. 

Then I gave him the gift I had made him...a DVD of our time together, starting in the dating days all the way through this year.  I just loved how it turned out and he enjoyed it too.  It brought back so many great memories for us. I had also got my aunt to make a German chocolate cake for him and deliver it to his office.  She had had our wedding cakes for us and since he was going to be at his office in her town last week it worked out perfect.  He had extra to share with me too and it was so delicious.  It has toasted coconut on the top.  This is a picture he took with his phone when he got it.  

Then we went to a funeral for a man from our church.  He had also been a professor of my husband in college.  During the service I realized that we were at the same place we had been 10 years ago for the reception after our wedding.  After the service we went over to visit the spot where we married.  I loved that we got to go in the chapel and remember our wedding day. 

We came back home to pick up Caleb from school, they had an early release day at 12:30.  I'd made a "Welcome to Summer" banner (here it is as I was letting it dry), and we hung it across the garage for Caleb to see when we pulled into the driveway. 

Then we loaded up and met my Mom.  Caleb stayed with her while my husband and I went on a trip.  We had such a nice time together.  We did some shopping and went out to eat at a yummy restaurant Don Pablo's.  These sopapillas were our dessert.

Friday we went back to my Mom's house.  Caleb had had a fun time with her.  They went fishing and swimming at the lake.  He had called and told us about it and emailed us pictures of their "awesome adventure" as he called it.

Also they surprised us with 1 0 cupcakes.  They were so tasty!

Have a day of blessings!

1 comment:

Denise said...

May you enjoy many more blessed anniversarys. I love you.