Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Thankful Thursday

This month for Thankful Thursday we are over at Women Taking a Stand.


What are you thankful for today?

I'm thankful for...

~ my husband's safety while traveling. He travels a lot for this job and I always pray for him to have safe trips as he travels from town to town.

~ my boy being recognized for his good behavior at school. He told me Tuesday he was the boy student of the month in his class and today he got another little award from his teacher noticing him sitting quietly. I love that his school uses so much positive reinforcement! And I'm thankful that he obeys there!

~ the fun of looking through my hope chest and seeing so many things that hold so many special memories for me. I worked on during one of our snow days. As I was cleaning and emptying it out, Caleb ended up in the hope chest, pretending it was a race car. I could just imagine if Peepaw was still here (who made the hope chest for me) would get a kick out of Caleb playing in it.

~ the beautiful pictures I ordered from a sweet friend that I got in the mail this week. I have wanted to have a couple of special pictures for our new house with verses that had been special to me during our move. The two pictures arrived this week and are so beautiful. I'm going to get frames for them now.

~ once again I'm thankful for our warm house and cars and our coats, clothes, and blankets.



Have a day of blessings!

4 comments:

Denise said...

Enjoyed your thankful list, love you.

Jessica Kramasz said...

A very nice list!
Happy Thankful Thursday!
Jessica
http://www.bygracealone.net/2011/02/thankful-thursday-precious-moments.html

Jan said...

A joyful thankful post..... lovely you had a Hope Chest, I think they are a thing of the past now!
Blessings,
Jan

susansspace said...

Happy thankful Thursday, Bethany!
Cute story about Caleb playing in the hopechest your grandfather made, while you were cleaning it out!
Congrats to your very special 'Student of the Month'!!
Blessings,
Susan