Saturday, January 15, 2011

"Unstuff" by Hayley & Michael DiMarco

I received the new book Unstuff by Hayley & Michael DiMarco from Tyndale. You can see more information about this book on the Tyndale page.

From the publisher:
God . . . and stuff. Everything in the universe falls into one of these two categories. Which is more important to you? (It’s not a trick question.) In Unstuff: Making Room in Your Life for What Really Matters, popular authors Hayley and Michael DiMarco take a close look at what’s in your wallet, your heart, your house, and your mind to reveal the pleasures and perils of stuff—and the joy, peace, and freedom that comes from learning to live with less.

My thoughts:
With our recent move, I've become very aware of how much STUFF we have. When I saw the description of this book, I wanted to read it. I'm so glad I did. It is a fast read. First, they present 11 reasons to unstuff. Then there are six sections of different types of stuff: Wallet Stuff, Mind Stuff, Body Stuff, Love Stuff, Worship Stuff, and Future Stuff. The authors write about how our stuff can overtake our daily lives to a point that we don't have room left for God. I found it interesting to read the information regarding the correlation between our health and more stuff. This book will really make you think about the things in your life and how you spend your time and money.

I highly recommend this book to you for some great reading and motivation to Unstuff your life. (Thank you to Tyndale for providing this book for my honest review.)

Have a day of blessings!

No comments: