Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Song: Bring the Rain

My Mom shared a video with me and I wanted to post it to share here today. It is called "Bring the Rain" by Mercy Me. I've heard it before and really appreciate the lyrics.

Here it is for you to listen to it:





I remember back in the summer one of my Facebook friends had posted the lyrics to the song on her wall. I'd heard the song before but I guess hadn't really paid attention to the words. Some of the lyrics really jumped out at me:
Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You

Whatever is going on in my life doesn't change what God has given me....salvation and hope.

Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain

This summer when we weren't sure what was going to happen with our house or finding a new one or my husband's job, we prayed that whatever happened God would get the glory. There were days I wondered how in the world the situation would end up. I know God had a plan all along. Those times of waiting and not knowing brought us closer to Him and each other.

God can use hard times in our lives to bring us closer to Him and teach us lessons. Sometimes we want so badly to be out of the storm when God just wants us to hold onto Him and let Him teach us and use us in the midst of that pain.

Have a day of blessings!

1 comment:

heididh33 said...

Thanks for posting. I've had this song stuck in my head the last week or so. It seems like so much is going on around us right now and it can be so hard to take. I know it's all for His Glory, I pray that we continue to remember this truth.