Tuesday, October 19, 2010

In Other Words...

My friend Debbie at Heart Choices is hosting "In Other Words Tuesday" this week. I wanted to join in when I saw the quote she chose for this week. It's a quote from Priscilla Shirer's book entitled One in a Million: Journey to Your Promised Land.


The spirit of complaint is born out of an unwillingness to trust God with today. Like the Israelites, it means you are spending your time looking back toward Egypt or wishing for the future, all the while missing what God is doing right now.
When I read Debbie's post last night, I emailed her and told her that it was just what I needed to read this week as we are still waiting to close on our new house and for it to be released from the foreclosure freeze.

If I am not trusting God with where He is taking me, I will complain and grumble. Neither of those will do any good; they will cast a negative feeling over our home. That is not what God wants (and it's not what my family wants either!).

I've been reminded lately to enjoy today without complaining and also without longing for our new home. Things have been smooth for us and God has provided every last detail. It will all work out and come together in God's timing anyway.

Have a day of blessings!

6 comments:

Denise said...

Amen sweet sis, amen.

Debbie Petras said...

Bethany, I'm so glad you joined in today. I've been amazed at how smoothly everything was going for you when you decided to sell your house. That was amazing. And then the apartment worked out so well for your son's school. Now this little set back. But the Lord is in control. And He has an amazing plan for your family, I just know that.

Trust Him and especially His timing.

Love you,
Debbie

BARBIE said...

I'll be praying into your house situation. We went back and forth with our lender for over a year and finally had to short sale to avoid foreclosure. I trust that God is in this too!

Miriam Pauline said...

Bethany praying for you as you wait for the house closure that you will find peace in God's timing. Welcome to IOW!

Tami said...

Thanks for being a good example of trust Bethany.

susansspace said...

We all need reminders to trust God with the big and the small things we face!
Praying your closing situation will be resolved soon, and that He will flood you with His perfect peace in the meantime!