Monday, September 6, 2010

Since we've moved

I am so thankful we were moved and settled at the duplex before school started. While we were surprised our home sold so quickly, we know it was all part of God's timing that it happen in the summer and not once Caleb was in school. It is nice not to be stressed with packing and cleaning for a big move right now as we are getting back into the swing of school.

I am thankful that we are content here in our duplex. Some people have asked how we like living here and if it's okay. Yes it is different from our home. There is less room and many other changes, like no back yard to play in, no yard to mow, and I don't have a clothesline to hang our clothes. We aren't looking at these things as negatives though.

As I look at what we have here with us and think about all that is in storage, I continue to wonder if we even need all that stuff and if I want to really unpack it once we move again. So much of it just takes up space. There are some things I would want to keep like my Precious Moments, teacher stuff, and Christmas decorations. There have been a couple things here and there I've missed (like why did I pack away all my pie plates, something I realized last week when I was going to make a pie for my husband!). But for the most part I haven't felt I was missing anything major. That just goes to show you that it's not the "things" that make me content and happy...it's the two wonderful people I am living here with that makes it home.

Caleb has adjusted very well. I'm so proud of him! He continues to surprise me with the creative games and imaginative things he comes up with to play. I always laugh at all the uses he has for yarn! I told my Mom I could write a book called "101 Uses for Yarn."

As far as the laundry, I do miss my time at the clothesline. I have an alternative though...a collapsible drying rack we bought at Walmart. I have figured out when to wash the clothes so I can hang them to give them plenty of time to dry so most nights they aren't all over the house when my husband gets home. I could use the dryer but I like to save on electricity this way.

Speaking of electricity, we got our first bill for living here a month. We were pleasantly surprised at the cost! We weren't sure how it would compare to our home because we didn't know the energy efficiency of the windows and appliances here. It was low and that was for August in Texas too!

A funny story about our move...The guy who is living in our old house has the same last name as us! I told the ladies at the post office when I turned in our card to forward our mail. We have received some of his mail in the past couple of weeks. One day I even had something from AT&T that was his name with our address here! (Not sure how they messed that one up, but they've messed up pretty much everything we asked them when we transferred our service so it wasn't too surprising to see this mistake from them!) Who knows how long this will take to get straightened out!

We are continuing to wait and pray about what is next for us. We are very excited to hear something and are really expecting to hear in a few weeks about one possibility. Please pray with us. I have a whole list of things I'm praying about as we wait. God's worked out all the details of this story up to this point and we continue to trust Him.

Have a day of blessings!

4 comments:

Denise said...

Praying for you dear sis.

Mocha with Linda said...

I've had the same experience with things that I've stored. Of course, I've also collected new stuff along the way!

susansspace said...

It sounds like you've adjusted pretty well. I imagine Caleb's good attitude has alot to do with your own attitude about the change of surroundings. Praying for much joy & no complications when you make the next move!
Blessings, Susan

sister sheri said...

What a wonderful post on contentment. How funny about having the same last name... that is really going to mess things up, isn't it?