Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful to be joining in for Thankful Thursday today with so many encouraging bloggers.
Iris at Grace Alone shared a great post about a special gift God sent just when she needed it.

This week I am thankful for...

~ my husband, he looks so cute all dressed up in his suit and tie when he has to go for a special event for work. :)

~ the sweet sounds of my son being out of school for summer vacation......having him talk and laugh as we are driving, his talk as he plays and talking to me through the day. Oh how I missed all that when he was at school!!

~ beautiful rainy days. It was a soft, steady rain. I loved it!

~ my washing machine..... I am REALLY missing it right now because it has been in the shop for a repair. It made a whirring noise during a load and then wouldn't drain. My husband took it to the shop where it made the whirring noise again. Then the next day the repairman ran it through several cycles and it never did it again! But he did find a hose that needed replaced which he had to order. I had thought I'd have it back to do laundry all day Wednesday. Then Wednesday came and it was a rainy day so I couldn't have hung them out to dry on the line anyway, which I've also missed! We still have enough clothes too so I haven't had to go to the laundromat (yet).

~ encouragement God sends at just the right time in His Word or from a friend.

Have a day of blessings!

9 comments:

Angel said...

Love your Thankful list!!

I love it when my husband has to dress up too. There is just something about a man in a suit...

So glad you are getting to enjoy your son!!

Hate it when the washing machine is broken, believing it will be fixed soon!!

And encouragement from the Lord or friends is the best!!

Love and blessings

Sandy said...

Bethany, I agree with everything on your list, except of course it's my husband and my son, but all the same things. Thank you so much for sharing!

Whidbey Woman said...

:) I am smiling over the part about seeing your hubby all dressed up, and enjoying the sound of your son's voice home for summer vacation. Such happiness!

Denise said...

Such nice, heartfelt blessings.

Nana Jul said...

God sends all those things that make us smile! He's so Awesome, and the timing on the washer returning...will be perfect.
Happy TT day.
Julie

Melonie said...

Lovely post. I hope your washing machine is back soon! :-)

Loren said...

Loved this post and your thankful heart! I love to see my Dh dressed up too!
I LOVE having my kids w/me! so many other moms call me crazy but I just love them home and able to spend each day w/them! Life goes tooo fast and I cherish each and every blessed day the Lord allows us to be together!
hoping you get your washer and SOON :)

Joshlin said...

Your list is a great one. My son hasn't started school yet, but I know I will miss all the little things that makes my house a home when he is gone. That is what srtuck me the most in your list.

Have a blesssed day!

Jessica Kramasz said...

I just love when my husband is all dressed up!