Friday, May 28, 2010

Flashback Friday



For this week's flashback we are thinking about summer!

My flashback:
When I read the questions this week, my mind was filled with many wonderful memories. I could see how this could be a really long post so I'll try to keep my stories short!

Memory #1: One summer my Mom made a chore chart for me. She put all sorts of things on there too, not just regular "chore" type activities. For example, one was read a book and do a book report. For the chores I did I got points. I liked to save up my points, but I could spend them on a special treat. One I liked using was going to get a game rental for the Nintendo! I'd get Junior Jeopardy sometimes.

Memory #2: We often went on trips in the summer. Sometimes we would meet my aunt and cousin in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area and go to a water park. One year we went from Texas north to Missouri and Iowa. My Mom has family in Iowa, and we stayed with them. One unique experience from that visit was eating pumpkin blossoms. They were so yummy! I believe they were fried like squash. I remember they had to pick them when the blossoms were open. In Missouri we went to the Precious Moments Chapel. I want to go back there someday.

Memory #3: My cousin stayed with us in the summer. We had a grand time (that is how I remember it at least, I think she would agree!). Well except maybe that time she raced down the driveway with a letter that I received, closed herself in the bathroom and was going to read it with me telling her over and over not to read it. Haha! Our school would give us passes for activities to do in the city during the summer. One was for a free game of bowling every day of summer vacation. I think you just had to pay shoe rental. So once a week Chel and I would go bowling. Then afterwards we would go down a few blocks to the snowcone stand.

Memory #4: Camping...My family would go to a State Park and camp for a few days some summers. Chel would go with us. I loved roasting marshmallows. She always teased me because I always had a stack of books with me. Also, we made Indian headdresses one year and danced around the campfire. Haha!

I could go on and on with many more summer memories. Thanks for the great questions for this flashback, Linda!

Have a day of blessings!

6 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

Well, you kept your post shorter than I did! LOL I was worried there wouldn't be enough to share, and it was just the opposite! And there are still memories I didn't share!

Denise said...

I love the memories you share.

riTa Koch said...

Great happy memories.
Pumpkin blossoms? Wow!
Good point system. Where were all these good ideas when I needed them?

susansspace said...

I enjoyed reading your memories of summertime! Thanks for sharing!
Blessings,
Susan

heididh33 said...

Fun! I had Nintendo Jeopardy. We used to play it all the time. :)

Momma said...

What precious memories!