Friday, April 16, 2010

Flashback Friday

Today for Flashback Friday we are remembering any lessons/recitals.
My Flashback:
As a child I took piano lessons for a short time. I don't even remember how long I took them. (Maybe my Mom could remind me!) My teacher was a sweet little granny from our church. My parents would take me to her house on Sunday afternoons before church for my lesson. Then she would ride to church with us because she did not want to drive at night. I enjoyed it but never got that great at playing the piano.

My son is five years old. I want him to have activities he enjoys, but I do not want him to become "over scheduled" so that he doesn't have time just to play and do what he wants. He is very much like me in that he likes to have his days that are just days at home without real plans to go anywhere. He is in t-ball right now. I want him to pursue his interests, so I figure as he gets older we will figure out the limits we need to set on how many outside activities he is involved with.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Have a day of blessings!

4 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

I enjoyed your flashback - don't worry because it's brief!

Nel said...

Enjoyed your flashback! Thanks for sharing.

until next time... nel

Denise said...

This was a fun post.

eph2810 said...

I was never great any anything music related :) - I think that I use to frustrate my music teacher as school...
I think it is wise to let your son choose on what he likes best. I have seen people over-extending their children.

Thank you for sharing your flashback with us.

Love & peace,
Iris