I have a verse that I want to remember this year and focus on through my days. It is Joshua 1:8,9--"Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."
I want to focus more on God's word in this year and KNOW GOD more.
Here are my goals, in no particular order!
- Bible Reading--I am going to be reading through the Bible chronologically. I've never done this before. I am not following a "read through the year" program for each day. I am taking it day by day and taking notes as I read. My goal is to know God.
- Prayer--I want to continue praying for others and be more intentional in my prayers. The prayer journal is working well for me right now so I will continue to use it.
- Verses--I will continue to have verses for the week that I will post on Sundays.
- Praise--I want to praise more throughout the day both by myself and with my boys.
- Donate blood--I always said when Caleb started school I wanted to donate blood regularly like I used to do! I have tried a few times and my iron was too low. I want to get back into that habit this year.
- Exercise--I want to have more activity in my daily life.
- Rest--Go to bed earlier (I said this last year too!).
- Declutter/organize--Another goal continued from last year!
- Reading--Maybe this year I will read a classic since I did not do this last year. I plan to continue with my book reviews; however, I am going to be more careful in the books I choose to review so I don't get to feeling like I am behind.
- Family--I want to make sure I take more time to be intentional about doing things with my family. This is something I've done lately, just little things that I do through the day but they make for fun (sometimes funny) memories of something we do together.
- Blogging--In the past few months I have seemed to find a nice balance for blogging. I want to continue this. I hope my posts will be an encouragement to my readers as I seek to follow my mission statement (posted in the sidebar).