Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thankful Thursday: Things that make you go hmmm

Today for Thankful Thursday we are at Spiritually Unequal Marriage. Lynn's theme is "things that make you go hmmm?" What a fun theme for Thankful Thursday!

Do you ever think to yourself "I wonder why....." I have thought this many times. I wonder why God created mosquitos. I wonder what it was like on Noah's Ark or to be Daniel in the lion's den. I wonder how He knows every hair on our heads. I wonder why He made the sky blue and grass green. I'm thankful that we don't know all the answers. We don't really need to know. We just need to notice and be appreciative and someday in Heaven maybe we can ask.

This week I'm giving thanks for...

~ my husband's wisdom regarding finances. We talked about our plan of where we both want to be for the future, and I enjoyed sharing with him and hearing his thoughts.

~ my son's sweet nature. He gives the sweetest hugs and snuggles.

~ reading good books (see review and giveaway below! It's a GREAT book with a wonderful message!)

~ having umbrellas to use in the rain.

~ God's love.

Thanks for visiting me for Thankful Thursday. I'd also like to share two other things with you today. First is my devotional called "Seeing With His Eyes" over at Laced With Grace.


Second, don't forget to look at the previous post for a review of a book I just read as well as a giveaway for that book.


Have a day of blessings!

5 comments:

Debbie said...

I really enjoyed your post. It's true I have wondered, WHY did God make mosquitos? haha Your blesses are wonderful to hear. Have a great day. Blessings to you, Debbie

Denise said...

Enjoyed your blessings.

Melanie said...

Ooohh... I've wondered about those mosquitos alot, too!! :)

Happy Thankful Thursday!

Pia said...

praising God for all your blessings. God is good! awesome!

Momma said...

Once when Chelcie (my niece) was little we were driving along and she told me that the first thing she was going to ask God was, "How many trees are there"!! I always think that most likely He will have the answer for her of how many trees there were on that date!