Saturday, August 1, 2009

2009 Book #33: Me, Myself & Lies by Jennifer Rothschild

I finished a study called Me, Myself & Lies by Jennifer Rothschild and am counting it in my book list for the year. I found out about this study through The LPM Blog. It was chosen as the summer Bible study so I decided to participate.

In this study the participant is guided through God's Word to find ways to get rid of the negative stuff floating around in her thought closet. Then she learns how to fill that thought closet with truth instead.

It was a blessing to read this book and do this study of God's Word for a "thought closet makeover." I highly recommend this book to women. I believe too often we listen to the lies that we've listened to for so long and we don't know how to hear truth instead. In the future I may be sharing some thoughts from the book as well.
~~~~~~
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

5 comments:

Pamela said...

This sounds like a great book!

Melanie said...

So good to read your review. I have heard so much about this book... I just may go out and purchase it for myself.

Have a great weekend!

Denise said...

Sounds awesome.

sister sheri said...

The gals I'm going through it with want to do it again! So we might do it over the Christmas break!

Debbie Petras said...

Bethany, I have the book and signed up on the LPM blog but haven't yet started it. I'm so glad to read how good it is. I will do the study since I love Jennifer Rothschild. And last summer, I so enjoyed doing a Bible study about getting rid of any idols. You may have given me the encouragement I needed to get going on it. Thanks.