Monday, July 27, 2009

As long as it is called Today: Christian home keepers (July)


It's time again for "As long as it is called Today" as we encourage one another as Christian home keepers. I hope you will join me each week on Tuesdays as we encourage each other in our daily lives as Christians, spouses, parents, and home keepers.
You can find last week's post here.
Today's question: Do you have any themes or special colors for any rooms of your home? How often do you change things around?
My answer: I don't have much in the way of decorations! One thing I would like to do is decorate in our bathroom so I look forward to your ideas on themes/colors for that! I have apples in my kitchen. I have a couple apple items, we don't have much wall space in the kitchen really though. When we first got married we had lighthouses in our living room but now we don't have decorations except for photographs. Caleb's room is John Deere.

I look forward to reading your answers. Have a great day!

6 comments:

Donalacasa said...

My family room is hunter green and burgundy. My kitchen is sunflowers with black accessories. My formal living room is black and white. My powderroom is painted periwinkle. The kid's bathroom is green with palm trees. My oldest daughter's room is purple and my son has outgrown his sky blue room but we're not changing it until my oldest daughter leaves for college next fall.

Blessings!

Denise said...

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Kristi said...

Yes, we have themes. Our home has painted walls that are called Malibu Beige. I like to keep the walls neutral so that I can change up the rooms with different accent colors. My kitchen has framed cross pictures that say, blessed, love, faith, hope, and Amazing Grace. I also have red accents and roosters. Our dining room is accented with big chuncky candles and a leapord print table runner; the living room is the doll room, where my aunt's antique dolls are housed in a glass cabinet. I found some great pillows at Hobby Lobby that say, faith, hope, and love, and I am really liking them in my living room. The family room is our Texas room. We have a lot of Texas star accents, my husbands deer head, and cowhide pillows on the leather couches; our bedroom is in blues and browns. The gameroom has zebra prints and I posted pictures of the girls' room makeovers in June. Rachel's room is paris/pink and black, and Hannah's room is kind of groovy circles with yellow, purple and lime green. Whew! Please, excuse the run on sentences.

Debra Kaye said...

Bethany,

When we lived in Vero I tatouged (yes, that's a word) a bunch of my walls with tropical vines and palm trees and really decorated the walls around those things. They looked like they were painted right on the wall...it was awesome!

But I haven't done that with the home we are in now. I keep hoping I'm going to feel like it one day. My bedroom is pretty country though.

Amanda said...

Ohhh...this is a fun question!

My office-now the kids playroom- is all white and sage green. Decorated with Shabby Chic in mind... I love it!!

Blessigns to you~
Amanda

In Light of the Truth... said...

Besides a pink and purple butterflies theme in Hannah's room the rest of the house is just colors. Deep red and gold in kitchen, planning the same red and gold, green, and blue stripes and border for playroom. Purple and green in upstairs bath. Navy blue, red, gold, green curtain colors in Eli's room but I haven't decided what to paint the walls. That's it so far. If I had a big house with a big bathroom that had a jacuzzi tub (this is in dreamworld!) I would love to have an all white bathroom with all different textures of white. Fluffy bathmat, feathery flowers, pearly beads, etc with maybe just a small touch of silver or gold. Create a very heavenly feel. I sure can't wait to the finish the rest of our house!