Friday, May 15, 2009

You're Gonna Miss This....Moment #5


Today I'm linking with Pam for You're Gonna Miss This...moment.

While my husband was on his business trip to Phoenix this week, Caleb and I went back to Gramma's house. Over the past four years we've done this often when Daddy's been away traveling for multiple days. Caleb likes to visit at the school where my Mom works as a secretary or go eat breakfast with her in the cafeteria. It's always a little mini-vacation for me because Mom cooks or we go out and I don't have regular chores to do while I'm here (I finished two books though since no chores!).

I had the realization this will be the last time we're able to do this. School is nearly out and Caleb will be in school next year. Whenever Daddy has trips next year we'll be at home so Caleb can go to school.

It's been fun to come to Mom's. I think about how much Caleb has changed through the years. When he was little, just crawling around, he'd sit at her bedroom door and cry when she'd go take her shower at night. He couldn't wait for her to come back. When she'd leave for work in the mornings he'd cry and sit by the window to see if she was pulling into the driveway. Through the years this has changed. He still misses her and says he wants her, but he doesn't sit and cry during her showers anymore or when she leaves for work.

We're gonna miss this...
~~~~~~~~~
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven..." Ecclesiastes 3:1

7 comments:

Denise said...

Such a sweet post.

Pam said...

This is a sweet moment, it will be sad when you can't do this anymore... I also wanted to say I love the quote you have on the top of your sidebar... it encouraged me today.

Gramma said...

I will definitely miss this........

I agree that it's wonderful when the two of you have gotten to come for a mini vacation. I love the bond that Caleb and I have established.

Yesterday, he went to work with me and I realized how it was different that previous times he had gone with me. This time, he ate breakfast from the cafeteria, then I walked him down to the PK class and the teacher (who had invited him to come for a visit) welcomed him in the door! He anxiously went in and joined the group. This was at 8 o'clock and it was almost 11 when she returned him to my office as the class came to an end! He talked about the activities and getting to go to recess!

I definitely know that Gramma will miss those visits, however I hold them dear in my heart and smile as I remember them!

I also know that there will be new special memories to make with my boy in the days to come!

Melanie said...

Oh, what special memories with Gramma!

susansspace said...

This was so sweet, Bethany! Your boy is off to such a good start & surrounded by so much love. Each new stage of his life will bring its own new & wonderful set of experiences & memories.
God bless, Susan

Runnergirl Creations said...

Think of how excited he'll be to share with her and you all of the new joys and wonder of going to school! That'll be a fun experience as you get to watch him grow and develop!

sister sheri said...

That's right... I remember times when I wanted me time so badly... and now... I want a little more "we" time!