Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thankful Thursday: A Mom

Thanks to Lynn at Spiritually Unequal Marriage for hosting TT today. I was glad to see the theme for today's post being "A Mom."


I could write pages about my Mom and how special she is to me and my family. She's always been my friend. I appreciate it now when I see a girl walking with her mother through a store. It reminds me of me and my Mom. So many times Mom's gripe about how their teen daughters act or teens can't stand to be seen with their mothers, but this was never the case with us. I'm thankful for how she loves my husband and treats him as her own child. She is a wonderful Gramma too and my son is blessed to have her. I'm thankful for her prayers for me over the years and her continuous love. Happy Mother's Day, Best Mom!

It is a blessing to have my son and be a Mom this Mother's Day. He is such a joy, and it melts my heart and makes me laugh with all the cute things he says and does every day.

I would ask you today to remember and say a prayer for all those who are hurting this Mother's Day weekend. I listed them on my prayer request list this week but will mention them again here. There are many women who will be sad because they aren't holding a child in their arms due to miscarriage in the past year. Other women have struggled with infertility for years. Some mothers will be sad missing their children who've gone to Heaven this year. Other women will be sad missing their mothers and grandmothers on this first Mother's Day without them. Remember those who are hurting and let them know you're thinking of them.

I wish all of my fellow bloggers a Happy Mother's Day!
~~~~~~~~~
"Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her..." Proverbs 31:28

7 comments:

Musings of A Minister said...

GREAT POST!...Tell your husband to be watching the mail (2 or 3 weeks) for a copy of The Gold Standard--Building A World Class Team. Thank you for signing him up.

Janet Benlien Reeves said...

What a beautiful tribute to your mom--and a poignant prayer reminder. Thank you!

sister sheri said...

Sounds like you have a wonderful mom!

Denise said...

Such a precious post.

Momma said...

Thank you! Happy Mother's Day my precious Daughter!

Debra Kaye said...

Bethany,

What a lovely tribute to your own Mom and what a great reminder to be praying for those who are hurting.

Bless you, sweet friend.

Susannah said...

Happy Mother's Day!!!! :~D