Sunday, February 8, 2009

Proverbs & Prayers Week #6

Last week I couldn't help but think of our FPU class with the verse about honoring God with your wealth. I talked with Caleb about the words "honor" and "wealth" in terms he understands. The word "firstfruits" has made me consider what I give to the Lord. Do you give to Him first or do you wait till the end to see what is leftover? He wants us to honor Him first by giving to Him first before we do anything else with our income. Do you like getting the leftovers at the "bottom of the barrel?" Most people do not, most of us want the best. The Lord is no different. I believe once we do this then He can bless us in new ways.


This week's verse is Proverbs 3:21 (this is the last week I chose one from chapter 3!):

"My son, preserve sound judgement and discernment, do not let them out of your sight."


Do you have any prayer requests this week? Leave me a comment or email me if I can pray for you.


I am thankful to report these praises---


~ baby Harper is now home!

~ Wesley's surgery was successful, he went home, and is hoping to return to school at least for half days this week!


~ Also, I'm rejoicing for Christy that her husband is home for R & R from Iraq. I am praying for their time together to be blessed.

~~~~~~~~
"Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth, burst into jubilant song with music..." Psalm 98:4

6 comments:

Tea with Tiffany said...

I often think about the leftover idea. I want those I love and God to get my best. Not the bottom crumbs.

Love any verse that includes song!

Debra Kaye said...

Bethany,

What a great remember to put God first and not give him our leftovers!

Thank you for your prayers, sweet friend....I am home safely!

Blessings to you and a great big ((hug))

Denise said...

Enjoyed this sweetie.

Anonymous said...

Isn't that great for Christy!!! Bless her heart, I hope they have a wonderful time!

Prayers for you and yours!!!

God bless!
Amanda

sister sheri said...

Love to hear those praises!

Runnergirl Creations said...

Thank you for sharing! This is a good message! :)