Sunday, January 11, 2009

Proverbs & Prayers: Week #2

Thank you for joining with me in memorizing Scripture this year. The Proverbs teach us so much, and I think this is going to be a great focus for my verses this year.

I also decided to use at least part of the verse for Caleb to memorize with me. Last week he learned, "Let the wise listen." Proverbs 1:5. This past week Clif at Musings of a Minister shared a wonderful post about listening.

Here is this week's verse:

Week #2: Proverbs 2:7-- "He holds victory in store for the upright, he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless."

If I can pray for you this week, please leave me a comment or send me an email. Some of my prayers will be for:

~ Michele/Marsha's Mom/step-Dad

~ Christy

~ Denise

~ Rachel (Kristi's daughter) giving thanks for God being with this family each step of their journey and the peace He is giving in this situation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"May my prayer come before you; turn your ear to my cry." Psalm 88:2

2 comments:

Denise said...

Hello my friend, love you.

Anonymous said...

I may not remember each verse, but my goal is to read eahc one you write out loud, and really focus on its meaning. THank you for strengthening my spiritual walk!

I want to be able to pray for Obama coming into office... I am desperate for peace about his preseidency... its so hard for me to think of the destruction he will be part of... all those babies he supports being killed...

God bless