Thursday, January 17, 2008

Friday Favorites: Hymn #3



Today I have chosen It Is Well for another of my favorite hymns. This is another song where the lyrics speak peace to my heart. I love this verse: "My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought! My sin, not in part but the whole, Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more, Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!"

Whatever is going on around me I can have peace. I can't see the big picture now. I only see a small amount of what is going on. I may question God's timing and reasoning, but in the end we know He is in charge, He has a plan, and His way is perfect. I can be at peace knowing it is well with my soul. In the end, that is what is going to matter.

Hope your weekend is fun and relaxing!
-----------------------------------------------
"You do not know what you are going to do; the only thing you know is that God knows what He is doing....It is this attitude that keeps you in perpetual wonder--you do not know what God is going to do next." Oswald Chambers.

4 comments:

  1. Oh...amen...amen...amen!!! This is truly one of my all time favorite songs!

    It SO blesses my soul...to know that ALL IS WELL!!!

    Have a GREAT weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my all time favorite hymn! When I die, I want it to be sung at my funeral. This morning I played for a funeral and it is one that I played during the prelude. I also included it on the CD I made for my mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too enjoy this hymn. It is a beautiful hymn and the words are very calming. Yes, it is true, we sometimes don't see the whole picture and ask questions (well it is true for me). I just have to trust that Father knows best.

    Thank you so much for sharing your favoirte hymns for Thankful Thursday.

    Be blessed today and always.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!