I've been working on this book for a while now. I don't even remember when I first checked it out from the library. I have been reading a little bit each day during my quiet time. I became interested in it after taking part in the Breaking Free study by Beth Moore. Each chapter focuses on a different stronghold and how to use verses in the Bible to pray for freedom. Some of the chapters include: Overcoming Idolatry, Overcoming Pride, Overcoming Feelings of Rejection, Overcoming Ongoing Feelings of Guilt, Overcoming Unforgiveness, and Overcoming Food-Related Strongholds. Using scriptures in my prayers and praying God's word is something I want to improve on in my daily prayer life. There is power in prayer and I think it is so important to have God's word in our hearts so we can remember and claim His promises to us.
Here is an example of a prayer from the chapter called "Overcoming Despair."
I cry to You, Lord, in my trouble. Save me from my distress. Psalm 107:13
I have read this book (and done Breaking Free). Thanks for the reminder. Some books should be kept within arms length at all time!
ReplyDeleteI tried to comment on this book yesterday (Monday). Hopefully it will go through this time.
ReplyDeleteThis book is one that stays on my desk all the time. It's a tremendous tool when praying for others.
I also recommend "Praying the Scriptures for Your Children" by Jodie Berndt and "When Mothers Pray" by Cheri Fuller. I use both of those for my children and grandchildren ranging in age from newborn to 7 years old. (I'm a young grandma!)