Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1.  April 26th is National Audubon Day, honoring John James Audubon, the French-American ornithologist, naturalist, and painter known for his detailed study and illustration of birds in their natural habitats. Do you have a bird feeder? Any birds in your home decor? Have you ever owned a pet bird? What's your favorite bird?   
No I don't have a bird feeder.  I did get a birdbath one year for Mother's Day I believe but the pedestal broke and it doesn't stand correctly if it rains and ground gets soft.  I can't think of any birds I have in home decor.  I have never owned a bird and have no desire to have one.  I do like when spring comes and we see robins in the yard.  Titus tries to sneak up on them when they are on the ground.  I like the reminder of the Bible verse I think of when I see little birds getting food.  

Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Matthew 6:26

My favorite bird to see is a penguin.  Hummingbirds are amazing to watch too.

2. What's something you took to 'like a duck to water'? 

Maybe quilting?  I love this new hobby!

3. Empty nest, nest egg, proud as a peacock, free as a bird, birds of a feather flock together, or the early bird catches the worm...choose one and tell us how it currently applies to your life. 

Proud as a peacock....Over the past months I've heard many times "you must be so proud of Caleb."  He started a non-profit.  We  ARE proud of him and love his heart for others.  

4. Pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, chia seeds, sesame seeds, poppy seeds...your favorite seed and a favorite food or dish made with that seed or topped with that seed? Have you tried all the seeds on the list? Any you don't care for? 

I don't guess I eat many seeds...  I've tried pumpkin seeds and do like to eat sunflower seeds on a salad.  I haven't tried flax or chia seeds.  I've only had sesame seeds on buns I guess, and poppy seeds in dressing or on muffins.

5. Something in the past week that made you 'happy as a lark'?

A friend surprised me with a gift basket and it made my day!  Surprises are fun!  It had my favorite things in it too...Flair pens, stamps, note cards, and a new return address stamper.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I've been working on the photo book for our trip to Alaska.  It's weird to think it's been almost a year.  It was such a wonderful trip.  I finally got our book from the Arkansas trip printed (I was waiting on a coupon), and it came last week.  I want to get the Alaska one done so when another coupon comes along it will be ready to order.   

Have a day of blessings!
 Bethany

4 comments:

  1. I love little surprises like that! I haven't received an unexpected gift in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband used to be stationed in Alaska when he was in the coast guard. I haven't been yet - someday. Matthew 6;26 is one of my favorites. I always think of the verse when I start to worry and fret about life and it straightens out my thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your answers. I need to make a photo book from our trip to the NE States. I've been trying to write blog posts, but it's taking me forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally found some time to visit a few people. Enjoyed reading your answers and good luck with the quilting. Yes, you should be proud of Caleb and the big heart that the has.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!