I have a verse that I want to remember this year and focus on through my days. It is Joshua 1:8,9--"Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."
I want to focus more on God's word in this year and KNOW GOD more.
Here are my goals, in no particular order!
- Bible Reading--I am going to be reading through the Bible chronologically. I've never done this before. I am not following a "read through the year" program for each day. I am taking it day by day and taking notes as I read. My goal is to know God.
- Prayer--I want to continue praying for others and be more intentional in my prayers. The prayer journal is working well for me right now so I will continue to use it.
- Verses--I will continue to have verses for the week that I will post on Sundays.
- Praise--I want to praise more throughout the day both by myself and with my boys.
- Donate blood--I always said when Caleb started school I wanted to donate blood regularly like I used to do! I have tried a few times and my iron was too low. I want to get back into that habit this year.
- Exercise--I want to have more activity in my daily life.
- Rest--Go to bed earlier (I said this last year too!).
- Declutter/organize--Another goal continued from last year!
- Reading--Maybe this year I will read a classic since I did not do this last year. I plan to continue with my book reviews; however, I am going to be more careful in the books I choose to review so I don't get to feeling like I am behind.
- Family--I want to make sure I take more time to be intentional about doing things with my family. This is something I've done lately, just little things that I do through the day but they make for fun (sometimes funny) memories of something we do together.
- Blogging--In the past few months I have seemed to find a nice balance for blogging. I want to continue this. I hope my posts will be an encouragement to my readers as I seek to follow my mission statement (posted in the sidebar).
That's all I have for now. I wish you a happy, healthy 2010.
Have a day of blessings!
I just adore you. That is an incredible list. Many blessings to you in this new year!
ReplyDeleteBethany, I mean this with all of my heart....those are wonderful goals to reach towards. It is so nice to see someone say I am going to read the bible at my pace so that I can "Know God". Beautiful beautiful beautiful! I am going to be following you to watch the blessings pour out upon you my sister in Jesus Christ!
ReplyDeleteGreat list - and some of the ones I have also.
ReplyDeleteBlessings to you and your family in 2010.
Hi Bethany
ReplyDeleteI really like this list, and most are on my list of goals for this year. Great post, thank you for sharing. And the scripture you shared is one that I memorized a few years back and oh! how powerful.
Blessings,
Sue
I decided to finish reading the NIV... and when I am done I'll start a chronological Bible. Looking forward to what God has in store this year!
ReplyDelete