
How God Makes Babies (for 6-9 year olds) is another book in the Pure Foundations series. You can read my review on God Made Your Body for 3-5 year olds in the previous post.
This book is similar to God Made Your Body but written with a little more detail for older children. It goes into detail about babies from conception through birth.
I enjoyed the photographs in this book as well. One part I liked was the discussion about “private parts” and the importance of not letting anyone touch those parts except for a doctor checkup or parents helping in a bath.
As in the other book, I felt all the wording/phrases weren’t completely appropriate to share with those in the 6-9 year old age range. I’ve not had a child those ages yet but from my experiences as a teacher it seems like a pretty big age spread.
This is another book where I will let you decide for yourself if this is appropriate for your family and your children.

Sounds interesting....I will mention it to my sister.
ReplyDeleteBig hugs to you!
Thanks for the review.
ReplyDeleteGreat review Bethany... would you let a 4 year old read it... or do you think thats just way to young??
ReplyDeleteBlessings to you-
Amanda
Wow - they start really young on this...I would have maybe thought around 10-12...but then again, maybe not in today's day and age. That shows you how far removed I am from rearing children :) ...
ReplyDeleteBlessings to you and yours...
Wondered if you have read the book How Babies Are Made by Andry and Schepp thru Time life Books. It's for 4-8 year olds and the best! Would be interested in your review.
ReplyDeleteI have not read How Babies Are Made. Thanks for leaving the title!
ReplyDelete